How to achieve 3840x2400 resolution using ATI's RADEON chip

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2004 6:21:46 AM

Hi All. I am working on a design using ATI's Mobility RADEON 9000
chip. The chip gives a maximum resoultion of 2048 x1536 QXGA. Can
anybody suggest how do i achieve a reolution of 3840x2400 resolution
using this chip? The device is sitting on a PCI2.2 bus.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2004 10:45:26 AM

Nikhil wrote:
> Hi All. I am working on a design using ATI's Mobility RADEON 9000
> chip. The chip gives a maximum resoultion of 2048 x1536 QXGA. Can
> anybody suggest how do i achieve a reolution of 3840x2400 resolution
> using this chip? The device is sitting on a PCI2.2 bus.

Contact ATI. GPU capabilities/microcode and video bios details are
closely held trade secrets.

a b D Laptop
November 9, 2004 1:45:22 PM

> > Hi All. I am working on a design using ATI's Mobility RADEON 9000
> > chip. The chip gives a maximum resoultion of 2048 x1536 QXGA. Can
> > anybody suggest how do i achieve a reolution of 3840x2400 resolution
>
> Contact ATI. GPU capabilities/microcode and video bios details are

ATI will not help. They won't even sell chips to you unless you
guarantee millions (literally) of units a year. They are extremely
difficult to do business with, even as a manufacturer of electronics,
let alone a mere software developer.

Besides, the answer to this question is "the chip is speced to
2048x1536, the on-chip DACs and LVDS transmitters are speced only to
that bandwidth, and nothing higher is possible".
!