Sign in with
Your question

Msi GT 240 Problem..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2010 11:02:49 PM

I have Q relating to the MSI GT240 1gb..
after I buying it,facing the Problems.. whenever i Run any game or Benchmark..
the Driver stops working nd screen goes blank..
do U Guyz hav any slution yet.. plz kindly inform me..
Im Very Depressed.. :'( 
Thanks..

RYan

More about : msi 240 problem

June 8, 2010 11:05:39 PM

My Pc Configuration...

Core2Duo E4400 2.0 Ghz,
Intel DG 33Fbc,
2 Gb ddr2 Kingston,
320 Gb Seagate SATA HD,
450 Watt Local PSU...
m
l
June 8, 2010 11:45:55 PM

Is the video card overclocked at all, usually you can overclcok your video card and it'll be fine in desktop but when you move to gaming the instability shows
m
l
Related resources
June 9, 2010 8:02:14 AM

Noo.. its not OVERCLOCKED at all...
m
l
June 9, 2010 8:09:54 AM

And when i ran badaboom the GPU Temp Shoot to 98-105 C'
even the stock fan was set on 100%..
is there any way that LOW Quality PSU is the cause..??
i have local cheap 450watt PSU..
m
l
June 9, 2010 4:45:57 PM

honestly i doubt, it's the psu, if it's not giving it enough power i would think that it would be cool since it's not getting it's full required power. the only other thing i could think of is if, the voltages are way off. if you have some software to monitor this i would take i look, personally i don't know of any software besides evga e-leet which i have but is only offered to members. if your voltages are normal you may want reapply the thermal paste
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 9, 2010 5:08:00 PM

The first thing I'd try and do is clean sweep all nvidia drivers and then reinstall their latest.
m
l
June 9, 2010 11:04:58 PM

jonnyboyC said:
honestly i doubt, it's the psu, if it's not giving it enough power i would think that it would be cool since it's not getting it's full required power. the only other thing i could think of is if, the voltages are way off. if you have some software to monitor this i would take i look, personally i don't know of any software besides evga e-leet which i have but is only offered to members. if your voltages are normal you may want reapply the thermal paste

Well thaks Jonny,, i'v checked my Graphic Card on Good Wattage PSU. and it still crashes..
now 1 thing Remain. to check the Thermal Paste.... i'll do it nd definitely inform U..
Thanks.. :) 
any thermal Paste Specifically u would like to Suggest to Apply on Grafic Card??
m
l
June 10, 2010 4:26:27 AM

personally i'm a huge fan of artic cooling MX-2 paste, it's kinda expensive for paste like 10 bucks, but it's really given me the best results of anything i've used, it's very easy to apply, i tried that promotion deal in the CPU section for the IC cooling 24 carot stuff, and it's in the same league as MX-2

but it's so much thicker i had to reapply it 6 times, and finally i just ran out of paste trying to get it lower then my MX-2, finally when i ran out i just bought another tube of MX-2 put it on, apparently better then last time because temps dropped even more, and it was easy, a one time deal. So i'm' in strong favor of AC MX-2 if you don't mind the price, ohh another thing it's non conductive, which i've heard from a few people was a life savor if you accidently get some on your mobo
m
l
!