Msi GT 240 Problem..

getinrehan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
I have Q relating to the MSI GT240 1gb..
after I buying it,facing the Problems.. whenever i Run any game or Benchmark..
the Driver stops working nd screen goes blank..
do U Guyz hav any slution yet.. plz kindly inform me..
Im Very Depressed.. :'(
Thanks..

RYan

getinrehan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
And when i ran badaboom the GPU Temp Shoot to 98-105 C'
even the stock fan was set on 100%..
is there any way that LOW Quality PSU is the cause..??
i have local cheap 450watt PSU..

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
honestly i doubt, it's the psu, if it's not giving it enough power i would think that it would be cool since it's not getting it's full required power. the only other thing i could think of is if, the voltages are way off. if you have some software to monitor this i would take i look, personally i don't know of any software besides evga e-leet which i have but is only offered to members. if your voltages are normal you may want reapply the thermal paste

getinrehan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010

Well thaks Jonny,, i'v checked my Graphic Card on Good Wattage PSU. and it still crashes..
now 1 thing Remain. to check the Thermal Paste.... i'll do it nd definitely inform U..
Thanks.. :)
any thermal Paste Specifically u would like to Suggest to Apply on Grafic Card??

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
personally i'm a huge fan of artic cooling MX-2 paste, it's kinda expensive for paste like 10 bucks, but it's really given me the best results of anything i've used, it's very easy to apply, i tried that promotion deal in the CPU section for the IC cooling 24 carot stuff, and it's in the same league as MX-2

but it's so much thicker i had to reapply it 6 times, and finally i just ran out of paste trying to get it lower then my MX-2, finally when i ran out i just bought another tube of MX-2 put it on, apparently better then last time because temps dropped even more, and it was easy, a one time deal. So i'm' in strong favor of AC MX-2 if you don't mind the price, ohh another thing it's non conductive, which i've heard from a few people was a life savor if you accidently get some on your mobo