Does Western Digital Provide Worldwide Warranty?

fasihxkhatib

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
The title explains the question.
Previously, I had sent my WD Passport Essential for RMA.
I sent it to their service centre in India while the drive was purchased in Middle East and they did replace the drive.
Now I wanna buy a Scorpion Black 750GB from Amazon and have it shipped to India so will they provide warranty in case of any problems?
Although here
support.wdc.com/warranty/policy.asp
they say that Scorpion Black (code: BPKT) is available under warranty, I am not sure as to whether they will give warranty for a product that was bought in USA.
HELP ASAP!

product: http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Internal-2-5-Inch/dp/B004I9J5OG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348238063&sr=8-2&keywords=Western+Digital+Scorpion+Black

Solution

If you are worried about the following entry:

Product is outside the region (Americas, Europe-Middle East-Africa, or Asia-Pacific) where it was originally shipped. For more information, please see our out of region warranty eligibility requirements or contact WD Service & Support.

Then you have nothing to worry about as India falls into the Asia-Pacific.

You buy in the Americas and it's being serviced in the Asia-Pacific region.

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

If you are worried about the following entry:

Product is outside the region (Americas, Europe-Middle East-Africa, or Asia-Pacific) where it was originally shipped. For more information, please see our out of region warranty eligibility requirements or contact WD Service & Support.

Then you have nothing to worry about as India falls into the Asia-Pacific.

You buy in the Americas and it's being serviced in the Asia-Pacific region.

Solution

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

It may as it says here:

Out of Region Warranty Eligibility Requirements
The following requirements below are applicable only to end users and resellers for products with an out of region warranty status:
Only end user and reseller customers are eligible
One out of region product is eligible for replacement per year per customer. The one year timeframe is calculated from the RMA creation date where the RMA includes the out of region product until the current date.
If an RMA is created and the out of region product is not received by WD within 90 days from date the RMA is created, the customer becomes eligible to replace another out of region product.

Thus if the HDD breaks down twice in a year, you need to wait for the second year to submit an RMA.