New PSU, SATA cables do not fit HDDs

Tonhil

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hi I have purchased Cooler Master HAF X case with new PSU (CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700). The connectors for power and data (sata) are extremely hard to connect to SSD and HDD drives (both connector types). This happened some months ago and I get periodic blue screens with the following message (see below), (a) is the message linked to the connectors which are not driven home completely or (b) what is the message referring to? (c) is anybody else having similar problems re connectors

The case and PSU were assembled by IT people in front of me and besides I tried connecting them myself to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blue screen message which I get on new custom made PC, i.e. i7 chip, 8 G RAM, Case, PSU, SDD, HDD, M/Board etc.

stop: 0x0000007A (OxFFFFF6FB80000000, OxFFFFFFFFC0000056,.........)

chugot9218

Honorable
I had some difficulty in connecting the cables to the HDD's, but the cords should all be the same/standard. I would not think that the cables not being connected properly would come up with a blue screen... I think you would run into problems well before you would get anywhere that would present a blue screen.

Hmm, the details on the error message may indicate otherwise. Take a look at this article, it includes a reference to a Microsoft hot fix for this error. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/blue-screen-with-this-error-code/03276fa2-6dcb-44d0-a778-499d5d00b65d