RAM Compatibility Question

AnthIste

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Hi guys. I currently own an ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo motherboard, and a while back I posted that I had compatibility issues with some Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 memory. Ever since I bought this board I've had a lot of memory trouble, from broken modules to BSOD's to long RMA periods and high prices. People have said to check the QVL for the board's memory, but the XMS3 modules are indeed listed, and they fail to work for me and a friend of mine who bought the same board and memory. Right now, I'm only running a single 2GB module and it's killing me.

Anyways, I'm planning on upgrading soon, and I want to do a build focused around the Core i5-2500k and a GTX 570. I might just wait a while before committing to it, and in the meantime, I would like to purchase some RAM that will keep me going till then, but that I can use in my new build as well. After having so many RAM problem's, I thought I'd ask for a second opinion before buying the RAM.

The new RAM that I'm looking at is Mushkin Silverline Low-Voltage 2x4GB DDR3-1333 1.5v CL9. The new motherboard that I'm looking at is an ASUS P8P67 board. Now the question is, do you think this memory is suitable for the new board? Also, do you think it will be compatible with my current board?

I'd really like this to work, because the 2GB that I currently have installed is seriously causing me some pain.