Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I deleted my hdd from the BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
April 26, 2011 10:31:07 PM

Hello,
So, I made a pretty stupid mistake, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I was trying to make SpinRite work from a CD I burned, and I ran into a divide by zero error. I have no idea why. I googled it and found somebody who was claiming that they had the same error and that they were able to get past it by disabling their hdd from their bios. So, I went into my BIOS, under the Advanced Tab > selected IDE Configuration > AHCI Port2 (I think) > SATA Port2 > and changed the setting from [Auto] to [Not Installed]. Of course, when I rebooted with the boot disc, I received a No HDD installed error. So, when I tried to retrieve the HDD, I cannot find it anywhere in the BIOS. Port2 has completely disappeared. Anybody know how to retrieve it?
I'm running an ASUS K60IJ notebook with the latest BIOS flashed (I believe it's version 2.06 or 206).

More about : deleted hdd bios

Best solution

a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
April 26, 2011 10:59:30 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :) 

Boot into the BIOS and Load Default then Save & Exit = Yes. Reboot.

If that fails then insert your Windows DVD and boot again...pressing F8 repeatably until the Windows 7 Recovery options appear; select Startup Repair.

See -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-th...

Good Luck!
April 27, 2011 1:32:00 AM

Best answer selected by the_joey_o.
m
l
Related resources
April 27, 2011 1:32:57 AM

jaquith said:
Welcome to Tom's Forum! :) 

Boot into the BIOS and Load Default then Save & Exit = Yes. Reboot.

If that fails then insert your Windows DVD and boot again...pressing F8 repeatably until the Windows 7 Recovery options appear; select Startup Repair.

See -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-th...

Good Luck!

The BIOS default settings was a bust, but the Win 7 Recovery Disc fixed it! Thanks!
m
l
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
April 27, 2011 1:19:45 PM

Glad to hear!

That procedure can also come in handy if you need to run System Restore.

Good Luck! :) 
m
l
!