P8 boards has recall finished?

nahtanrulz

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
heey im upgrading my computer and im just wondering if the Asus P8H67 or the P8P67 boards are safe to buy from that recall due to faulty sata ports or something, i live in Brisbane(Australia) and has they all been recalled or what. im not sure what to do?

i am not going to over clock im not looking to i don't need to so don't give me crap how the p67 is for overclockers.

im getting the intel core i7 2600 3.40Ghz not the K version. what board should i get and is it safe to buy

Solution
Yes, the recall ended some time last month.

Depending on your needs:

Non-Gamer: Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, has it's own outputs on the motherboard for the CPU's graphics (which should suffice for your needs unless you're into 3D modelling or other graphics-intensive stuff.

Gamer/3D modelling or graphics intensive: ASUS P8P67 series (B3 Revisions), you can choose your board based on your needs from this series, from single GPU to multi-card configurations for top-end performance.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Yes, the recall ended some time last month.

Depending on your needs:

Non-Gamer: Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, has it's own outputs on the motherboard for the CPU's graphics (which should suffice for your needs unless you're into 3D modelling or other graphics-intensive stuff.

Gamer/3D modelling or graphics intensive: ASUS P8P67 series (B3 Revisions), you can choose your board based on your needs from this series, from single GPU to multi-card configurations for top-end performance.

Solution