Sign in with
Your question

BR/DVD writer not writing audio cds

Last response: in Storage
September 21, 2012 10:43:25 PM

For many months my Pineer BDR-205 worked fine. Then it suddenly it began only intermittently recognising blank disks and writing data disks. It will not at all write audio disks. When I try I get this message:

"Writing to disk...0%
Audio CD
F: [11;0;0] PIONEER BD-RW BDR-205 1.12
CD-R, Maximum

[02:22:12] Preparing compilatoion
[02:22:14] Burn process started
[02:22:36] Burn process failed (Command sequence error)
Total time: 00:00:23
Average write speed: Maximum"

I have tried five different brands of media and two burning programs and cannot get rid of this problem. It writes DVD data disks ok - I don't know if it write DVD movies because I haven't tried to do that. It is writing audio cds I am mainly concerned about - and just handling blank media more sure-footedly. It reads audio cds and movie DVDs fine, and appears correctly in device manager.

I have bought a new, replacement writer - a Pioneer BDR-207. But I have the same problems still.

Could it possibly be the sata data and power cables? I cannot understand how because I had not touched them when the faults developed.

I'd be grateful for any ideas. Im stumped.
a c 200 G Storage
September 22, 2012 3:49:38 AM

Are you using nero?
September 22, 2012 11:24:55 AM

No. I've tried Burnaware Professional, ExpressBurn, AShampoo Burning Studio, and Windows Media Player.
Related resources
September 22, 2012 11:43:28 PM

Changed the BDR writer to an LG and changed the sata data cable and the mobo socket it's connected to - and it works properly again. Not sure exactly what the problem was but I'm v pleased the problem is fixed.
a c 200 G Storage
September 23, 2012 1:40:30 PM

Changed the BDR writer to an LG < BETTER CHOICE
!