How to play local sound file (wav or ogg) using binding?

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Is there a way to play a wav file on my hard disk in game using a bind? I
only need the WAV file to play on my machine, not everyone else's. I wanted
to use it to time certain things like respawns.

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

What a good idea. I've no idea how though.

--
bsod screensaver
www.asktoby.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

vary in pitch or tremolo as timer counts, beautiful; taunts,communiques
also...

and also HOW?

?replace bindadable taunt files with converted wav files??

Ronald

While we are at it; replacing slide out poster type headshots with scans or
images? O.P. comps too!!(over online)
(likely had to deal with porn or worse issuses at EPIC)

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

# boogers

> ?replace bindadable taunt files with converted wav files??

Would this make you fail the TCC checks I've noticed popping up these
days? I don't know what they are exactly, but they seem to check the
integrity of my local files.

--
bsod screensaver
www.asktoby.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

maybe pad sound file to exact length? post conversion

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

# boogers

> maybe pad sound file to exact length? post conversion

Except the sounds would have to be longer than their originals I imagine.
I'm not even sure if TCC checks this, I don't really know what it is.

--
Toby
bsod screensaver

boner

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

There is a program that does this for you. It is concidered cheating though,
so I'm not going to tell you what the name of it is. There is no anti-cheat
protection that will catch this because it is an external program that runs
outside UT. Ask anyone that has been playing for years and they might tell
you what it is.

"eiurgoleiop" <woetpp@sodfgo.org> wrote in message
> Is there a way to play a wav file on my hard disk in game using a bind? I
> only need the WAV file to play on my machine, not everyone else's. I
wanted
> to use it to time certain things like respawns.

Meltdown

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.games.unreal.tournament.]
eiurgoleiop enlightened us with:
> Is there a way to play a wav file on my hard disk in game using a
> bind? I only need the WAV file to play on my machine, not everyone
> else's. I wanted to use it to time certain things like respawns.

You could try putting it into the music directory, and playing it with
the music player (F11). It must be ogg for that.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.