Help troubleshoot this

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
hi guys i just came back from summer vacation.

I powered on the old pc (p4 3gigs ram 9500gt intel d915pcm matx board a hec 300w psu 3 250gigs hdd's and 1 1tb hdd).

And powered up the monitor (a samsung syncmaster 2333 23.3" ).

But there was no signal but the pc booted so i checked the dvi cable,and still no signal so i got a vga cable and tried it but still no signal so,i got my sisters laptop and hooked it up to the monitor and it worked so,i knew for sure that it was the graphic card so,i pushed the gpu in a bit but still no signal,i took the gpu out and put it back in and it worked.

But now the pc freezez at the intel board screen and does nothing no beeps no nothing,i did everything took out the ram and put it back in i took out the gpu and put it back in i took out the 4hdd's one by one but still the pc freezez at the intel desktop board screen

thanks in advance

edit: i can't punctuate lol i am egyptian and my english isn,t that good

Solution
Your story suggests the problem is in the video card. Either it still has a bad connection in the PCI slot (try removing and re-installing a couple of times), or it has a permanent hardware fault. Can you borrow another PCI video card and try it instead, to verify that the machine itself works OK?

I would suggest trying the video card in another PCI slot, but I'm not sure you have another one. The mobo manual says there is only one PCIe x16 slot, but maybe you are using a different one.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your story suggests the problem is in the video card. Either it still has a bad connection in the PCI slot (try removing and re-installing a couple of times), or it has a permanent hardware fault. Can you borrow another PCI video card and try it instead, to verify that the machine itself works OK?

I would suggest trying the video card in another PCI slot, but I'm not sure you have another one. The mobo manual says there is only one PCIe x16 slot, but maybe you are using a different one.

Solution

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010

thanks man tried another gpu and it worked turns out that the other one was dead [:isamuelson:9]