Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer Will Not Boot Off of the Right HardDrive

Last response: in Storage
September 22, 2012 8:23:38 AM

Okay so as the title says my computer will not boot off of the hard drive that has windows installed on it. It tries to boot off my secondary one and just shows a black screen with a blinking line. Anyway, I went into BIOS and made it so my boot drive was the right one, saved, exited, then it boots off the right one. But once I turn it off, it does it again, tries to boot off the secondary. Also I was playing League of Legends, and my computer blue screen and crashed, not sure why it did this, maybe its related to my hard drive not being detected when computer starts up. I ran League again and checked volts and temperatures, all seems fine.

Thanks for your help.
Specs Are below.
September 22, 2012 11:08:17 AM

May be your motherboard's battery undervoltage, or bios rom will be broken.
m
l
September 22, 2012 4:34:14 PM

haska said:
May be your motherboard's battery undervoltage, or bios rom will be broken.

I bought my motherboard 5 months ago I dont think its the battery.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
September 22, 2012 4:45:58 PM

I would try to unplug everything except the boot drive. I had a similar issue when i had put in a drive from another PC. The result was my boot partition C was changed to E. I unplugged every hard drive except for the primary. The system booted right up. Your issue might not be the same problem but try it out and see what happens.
September 23, 2012 6:05:45 AM

Best answer selected by Arlen10.
m
l
September 23, 2012 7:51:20 PM

Actually MidNightDistort didn't have the right answer but helped the most. For those who are interested I fixed it by unplugging my USB 4GB device from the computer, boots up fine now.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 24, 2012 4:01:08 AM

Ah, well that is pretty strange, but at least you can boot now :) .
m
l
September 24, 2012 5:31:29 PM

MidnightDistort said:
Ah, well that is pretty strange, but at least you can boot now :) .

Yeah It's weird but everytime I put it in and try to boot it does that so. Yeah, thanks again for your help.
m
l
!