Asus P5W DH Deluxe Troubleshooting

unknownsidhu

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Troubleshooting
Hey guys, I need some help trouble shooting my desktop. Its running an Asus P5W Deluxe mobo, 2X 1GB OCZ, Enermax Liberty 500, Intel E6400 with an OCZ cooler. Ive been hearing some noise coming from either the cpu or gpu fan, so I decided to fiddle around with the computer last night, trying to figure out what the issue was. Turned out, it was the graphics card fan. Anyways, while trying to figure this out, I also went into bios and enabled the silent fan option, to see if there was any difference in noise level. I rebooted the system, and everything worked just fine as it did before. This morning, I tried to bootup my system, but unfortunately it would not pass post. I am not able to see anything on my monitor, no beeps, and no flashes on my keyboard or mouse. I've been looking around, and apparently this board has had issues regarding the bios cpu fan options?

I've tried disconnecting the cooler from the mobo to see if anything shows up on the monitor, but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to what I may try out?

Thanks!

First, clear CMOS by pulling out the battery from the mobo; leave it out for about a minute. Reinstall the battery, and retry the boot up. If successful, redo any previous settings, including the fan setting. Basically, you want to be able to duplicate the concern so you know exactly what triggers the "no display" issue.

If clearing CMOS doesn't help, work through the "no boot" / "no display" troubleshooting guide; the link to it is in my signature.

unknownsidhu

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
I wasn't quite too sure what the problem was at first, so I decided to swap parts to try and narrow it down. Luckily when I switched video cards I got a signal on the monitor, though this wasn't the problem. The problem was the BIOS. After several restarts, and drawing blanks like I was experiencing, the system finally decided to let me into the BIOS. I updated the BIOS to the latest version, and have been able to start up each time now. Thanks for the input T_T.