Laptop wont shut down properly after installing second HDD

validUserName

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2nd-hard-dr...mputing_Drive_Bay_Caddies&hash=item1c2b66e40f Hello.
I recently bought this item, for replacing my optical drive with another hard drive.

The installation was successful and my second hard drive is showing.

My problem however is that my laptop wont shut down completely after this install.
I get past the "Windows is shutting down" screen, and afterwards the screen goes black, but I can see it is still "working on something" to shut down completely. The power button is also glowing.

I removed the other hard drive, and then it shuts down properly.
Any suggestion on how I can make it work?

I have checked all my drivers and did not find any faults.
Sometimes i get a BSOD with an error code starting with 0x0000009f.

Specs:
Asus x53SJ
120 GB OCZ AGILITY 3 SATA III (primary hard drive)
500 GB Seagate 5400 RPM (Second hard drive)
Win 7 Proffesional x64

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Sounds like a controller error either on the new drive or in the laptop itself. I'd wager it's the new drive seeing as if you remove it the problem resolves itself. I would contact the manufacturer of the drive and let them know what you're experiencing and see if you can get an RMA. If a second drive shows the same fault then it may be the laptop itself and if you truly want a 2nd drive you may have to contact asus and get support from them on the BSOD since that address indicates controller issues (had it happen before on my gateway and the hdd was bad)