Huawei e1550

G

Hello,
i'm using Huawei E1550 mobile connect usb dongle with winxp2. Everytime i plug it in, my computer starts behaving strangely! sometimes various programs do not open after clicking, even the browser or email client do not open. Sometimes, various programs open but then they freeze and stop responding. Sometimes the whole computer hangs. And I can never 'safely remove' the dongle it just doesn't respond. Neither can I shut down or restart the computer with the dongle plugged in. the only way i can disconnect the dongle is to remove/unplug it physically and directly without 'safely removing' it first. What can I do ???

Not a guaranteed fix but some wireless adapter software interferes with XP by replacing the native Gina with one of their own.

G

Hi,

What's a "native Gina" and how can I rectify the problem ?

By the way, i recently reformatted my boot/system drive and re-installed windows XP2. After re-installing Windows, the first software and hardware I installed and ran were the HUAWEI dongle and the p-n-p software that came with it (the software is provided by or at least customised by a local mobile phone service provider).

I re-installed all other softwares only after this including the antivirus.

After this the dongle worked fine for some time without any programs freezing or crashing or any other troubles.

But now again, the old problems are happening again !

Another point to note is that, if I remove the SIM from inside the dongle and plug it in - the problems don't occur.

What can I do ? Is there anything i can do about it ?

I'd definitely suspect that Huawei software in putting a Gina.dll file of its own in place of msgina.dll and that causes several problems with M$ software spitting out its dummy. Log in changes such as the use of Fast User Switching and the standard login screen are good indicators of this problem.

Go to http://www.kellys-korner.com and search her site for the fix. I know Kelly has changed her site in many ways so if you have problems finding the fix, post back.
[/#000ff]