Best dual band wireless router

Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I'm in the market for a wireless router and I'm having a hard time coming to a decision. I've been looking around at quite a few, here's a basic list:

Linksys WRT400N
Linksys E3000 (WRT610N was there also, but from what I can tell the E3000 is the same thing just a little better)
NETGEAR WNDR3700
D-Link DGL-4500

I'm going to be using the router for wired and wireless connections, and while my main gaming machine should be hooked up by wire I'd like to keep a decent wireless gaming connection. Gaming aside, I still would like to get a good wireless connection for general use.

The DGL-4500 really seemed perfect until I realized it was only one band at a time, not true dual-band. Aside from that everything about it seemed great. I could theoretically get by without true dual-band, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. The E3000 and 400N are giving me lots of mixed reviews while the WNDR3700 has gotten some good reviews but I've had issues with Netgear before so I'm careful around them.

The D-Link DIR-855 (or the 825) has cropped up as dual-band replacement for the 4500, but haven't seen much on it yet.

Thanks for the help.