Your question

Urgent help please

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 22, 2012 6:45:27 PM

Hello,

HELP, HELP HELP, URGENT PLEASE
I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND I BLAME MICROSOFT. I SAW BLOG ON USB DONGLES NOT BEING RECOGNISED, WENT TO THE MICROSOFT " FIX IT FOR ME " WEBSITE, WENT THROUGH THE PROCEDURE AND CARRIED ON WITH MY WORK, E MAILS ETC. I CLOSED MY MACHINE DOWN FOR THE NIGHT.

NEXT MORNING, WENT TO BOOT UP, GOT A MESSAGE " CANNOT FIND OPERATING "SYSTEM". TRIED VARIOUS BOOTUPS. SO I THEN BOOTED UP WITH AN OTHER DRIVE AND TRIED TO ACESS MY DRIVE AS A SLAVE. IT TELLS ME THAT THE DRIVE IS NOT FORMATTED. NOW THAT IS LUDICROUS BECAUSE I HAVE MY LIFE ON THEIR, TWELVE YEARS OF INOFRMATION AND DATA, SO CLEARLY IT IS FORMATTED. HOW DO I GET INOT THEI S DRIVE TO GET MY INFO. OBVIOUSLY IT IS JUST A FALSE MESSAGE. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I SHOULD HAVE BACKED UP, I KNOW THAT. THIS CLEARLY MICROSFOTS FAULT, SOMETHING THEIR SITE DUID TO MY PC WITHOUTH ME KNOWING. I HAVE A SERIOUSLY ILL WIFE, WITH AUTO IMMUNE SYNDROME, LUPUS AND WE HAVE ALL HER SCANS, XRAYS AND DATA, BLOOD TESTS ON THEIR AND WE CANNOT LOSE IT ALL, IT IS IMPERATIVE SOMEONE HELPS ME TO GET INTO THIS DRIVE PLEASE, PLEASE.
REGARDS

ERIC

More about : urgent

September 22, 2012 6:47:44 PM

Sir, I understand your frustrated. But please don't use all caps
a c 104 G Storage
September 24, 2012 10:02:33 PM

Hi Eric, & Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

You might try two different Crash Recovery steps to see if they might correct the problem.

Turn your computer on, and just after the splash screen click several times on F8 (Advanced Boot Options)
There are several different choices.

First click on "Repair your Computer" (which is part of the windows recovery environment). See it that will find and repair the problem.

If not, go back to the same menu, and choose "Last Known Good Configuration". That will load system and OS settings that were present when you last booted your computer successfully.

Hopefully one of those Recovery choices will permit you to boot into windows.
!