Sign in with
Your question

Monitor goes Black After Mobo Screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 9, 2010 6:38:34 PM

Last night the screen on my other comp went black all of a sudden. It was running fine and just flickered for less that a second. Naturally, I tried a reboot. Upon rebooting, The monitor flickered again at the Bios/Mobo Screen and just stayed black.

I've tried two different monitors will the comp as well as 2 or 3 different video cards. I just recently swapped the HDD and the PSU to my e8400 rig. Upon doing this the very first boot, I was able to get all the way to the desktop but during the boot sequence the text was colored Cyan Blue and Light Purple and had some code mixed in. For example the word "have" appeared "ha6e" with the six being the Cyan blue color.

When I tried to reboot into safe mode, the display stopped working all together and I haven't been able to get as much as a flicker out of the rig.

The current system specs are:

Gigabyte P35-DS3R
e8400 CPU
WD 250 GB Caviar HDD
eVGA 7900GT

Open to any advice. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
June 9, 2010 7:03:41 PM

Just to be clear:
The problem persists even after trying 2 different monitors and 2-3 different video cards...

Are you using the same cable or converter (DVI to VGA for example) for your diagnostics?

EDIT: On second thought, you mentioned Text anomolies, which would probably not be cause by a bad cable.

Clean out your old drivers with Driver Sweeper, and reinstall drivers. If the problem persists, reinstall windows.

If that doesn't work, your PSU or Motherboard is probably suspect.
m
l
Related resources
!