Sign in with
Your question

Sound Card with Integrated AMP

Last response: in Components
September 17, 2010 1:53:29 PM

I`ve seen them somewhere before, but I cannot seem to find any now. For my secondary HTPC (in the bedroom) I only need 5.1 surround because the majority of my SD media gets played back there, and I don`t want to make room for my old receiver. So has anyone seen any sound cards with integrated amplifiers for pci or pci-x? Please include linx if possible. Keep in mind that I do NOT need a lot of power for this back room system.
September 17, 2010 4:42:08 PM

The following cards have powered amps built in:
Auzentech Forte
ASUS Essence ST/STX
HT Omega Claro
m
l
September 18, 2010 1:04:29 AM

The only amplified sound card I can recall was in the msi Medial live diva 5.1 setup.
for what its worth.
m
l
Related resources
September 18, 2010 3:41:42 AM

Sound card's only have pre-amplifiers, as they all add voltage to increase output. A amplifier would have the ability to manipulate amperage output, which is something a sound card can't do.

So either you are using the wrong terminology or the answer is simply that what you are looking for does not exist.
m
l
September 18, 2010 12:51:12 PM

Ah yes! Thank you popatim! The diva was the one i could not recall! I was thinking of buying the AM2 based diva board combo last year but never got around to it. And yes astrallite, you are correct, it is a pre-amp that i`m looking for, i`m well aware that a reference card cannot provide amplification. I was tired yesterday morning give me a break! :) 
m
l
!