CPU or RAM problem?

Hey guys
My computer will randomly freeze at any point , and if i have music playing the music will freeze aswell but carrying on making a sound. It sometimes un-freezes itself after 30 seconds , but usually i have to restart.
I know it sounds REALLY vague......but the reason for that is there is no other things i can say about the problem as there are no error messages at any point!

I remember when trying to install windows XP the installation would freeze at 34 minutes saying 'Installing Devices' not letting me install XP. I can install windows 7 fine and when using ubuntu (dual booted) this problem never happens! I don't know if these problems are related!

Love to hear your insight :) Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about problem
  1. What is your complete system setup? Did you try reinstalling a fresh copy of XP and you get the same issues?
  2. EVGA 650i Ultra Motherboard
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Intel Core Duo 2.40GHz
    2gb ram
    ATI 4850 graphics card
    SAMSUNG 500gb hard drive

I have upgraded my cooling alot , my CPU stays around 42 after many hours of use and GPU stays around 40.

I tried a fresh copy of windows XP. Windows 7 installs fine no problem along with ubuntu. But still freezes randomly!

Could it be that im using 64 bit?
    Also i heard that maybe i should update my chipset drivers? How would i go about this?

Thanks!
  3. Well, I'm stuck. I don't see anything obvious that could be an issue.

To update your chipset driver, head on over to EVGA's page for you motherboard and click on downloads.

if i have music playing the music will freeze aswell but carrying on making a sound
    Once it finishes the song while being frozen, does it stop, or does it move on to the next song?
  4. Check the event viewer to see if it's logging any errors (red X's).
  5. Thanks very much for your feedback!
    It just happened again , and looked down in the even log and there were some indicators.
    They said :

1) " EVENT ID : 56 "
    " Level : Error "
    "Driver ACPI returned invalid ID for a child device (3)."

2) "EVENT ID : 100"
    "Level : Critical"
    "Task Category : Boot Performance Monitoring"
    " Windows has started up:
    Boot Duration : 114210ms
    IsDegradation : true
    Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2010‎-‎09‎-‎19T12:18:28.656000000Z"

If anybody could help me out at all......i will bow down at your feet and worship you.
    Virtually of course :)

Thanks!
  6. Sorry to seem like im spamming , but i took a screenshot if it helps at all :)

Thanks very much!

Screenshot : http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9321/93146098.jpg
  7. Its seems a softwareproblem, maybe driver. Re-install the mobo drivers and be sure they are for ur mb/chipset.
Ask a new question

Read More

Music Components