Sign in with
Your question

HDD Connection through USB?

Last response: in Storage
September 22, 2012 11:03:10 PM

When I reinstalled my windows to my SSD, I go and try to plug in my old HDD as well but it blue screens on the Windows Starting screen every time..

The only way I can get it to start up is if the SSD is the only drive plugged in, and yes i'm selecting to boot from the SSD when I have both drives in.

Would I be able to buy a Sata to USB coord or something to acess and reformat my HDD while windows is runninng?

I dont know what else to do, I dont have any info on the HDD and as far as I know it's completely empty aside from a partition maybe.

I also tried booting in safe mode while both drives were plugged in and same deal, blue screen on windows startup.

More about : hdd connection usb

September 23, 2012 2:03:27 AM

scout_03 said:
do you have a friend that could lend you a external usb box something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

What is one of those? Do you just put the HDD in and it hooks up with the USB coord? Does it feed the hDD power as well?

I have no idea why my computer wont boot if I have my HDD hooked up through SATA, considering I'm selecting the SSD as the boot drive.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 23, 2012 2:12:35 AM

you put the hdd in then start your system after put the usb plug in your case then plug the power cord for that box and press on /off button you should see your drive on the computer (serve as a external case for hdd drive )
m
l
Related resources
!