Wep security key setup

G

Hi,

I have a Nintendo DS and I am attempting to connect it wirelessly. Although it can locate my SSID, I keep getting an error saying that I need to switch my router to WEP secutiry. I have no idea how to do this with my router. I attempted to use the support website that Nintendo provided but it wasn't much help.
I am not very good with computers at all or the lingo so if you could go easy on me when explaining how I can solve this problem.

I have a Linksys router by the way. the model is WRT54G. Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help me.

The methodology for getting access to the settings is laid out in post #3 in this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/28102-18-suppoort-setupwirless and when you get to the security settings, simply alter the entry that might say WPA or WPA2 to WEP and set a code of your own or one generated by a simple passphrase.

This is rather surprising though because WEP is a simple security code that can easily be and frequently is broken. If you have neighbours who might download inappropriate material, your network could provide them with a way of masking their activities.

Hopefully someone with DS experience can advise on a way to secure it and your network properly.
[/#000ff]

G

Freaking Nintendo DS's only support WEP and not WPA. I setup my neighbor's home network with WPA only to find out later about the DS's. You would think any wireless device would work with WPA.

G

Sorry what took me so long to respond to this post. Thank you so much for your help!! I was able to figure everything out.