Change system date at startup.

Is it possible to change the system date during the boot process ?
In windows98 you could set the date in autoexec using a set command.
eg set date=04-04-05
Is there anyway to acomplish the same thing in xp?
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about change system date startup

    In news:ecPv62zOFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    quovadis <quovadis@primus.com> had this to say:

    > Is it possible to change the system date during the boot process ?
    > In windows98 you could set the date in autoexec using a set command.
    > eg set date=04-04-05
    > Is there anyway to acomplish the same thing in xp?
    > Thanks

    My question is why do you ask? XP includes a handy dandy feature to sync
    your clock automatically so if you did set the date and had the feature
    enabled it would only change back to the real date and on top of that
    changing the date has caused many problems for other users in the past.

    Galen

    You can place DATE and other commands in the user's or machine's context at
    HKCU|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

    Strictly speaking the *SET DATE* command doesn't set the date but DATE does.

    Galen wrote:
    > In news:ecPv62zOFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > quovadis <quovadis@primus.com> had this to say:

    >>Is it possible to change the system date during the boot process ?
    >>In windows98 you could set the date in autoexec using a set command.
    >>eg set date=04-04-05
    >>Is there anyway to acomplish the same thing in xp?
    >>Thanks
    >

    > My question is why do you ask?
    Because I want to set the date to a certain date at startup.
    >XP includes a handy dandy feature to sync
    > your clock automatically so if you did set the date and had the feature
    > enabled it would only change back to the real date and on top of that
    > changing the date has caused many problems for other users in the past.
    Thats why I dont have that "feature" enabled and why I require to set
    the date to a precise date for compatability.

    > Galen
    Thanks.

    Jetro wrote:
    > You can place DATE and other commands in the user's or machine's context at
    > HKCU|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
    >
    > Strictly speaking the *SET DATE* command doesn't set the date but DATE does.

    Thanks for that.
    However I put a date=03-04-05 in both places but nothing happend.
    am I missing something?

    Create a batch file with the DATE command and create new REG_SZ key under
    HKCU RUN leaf with this batch file name as data. DATE and TIME commands as
    many others don't exist as independent executable files. They are the part
    of Command Processor either COMMAND.COM or CMD.EXE.
    I have to warn you that TimeService might correct rigged Time and Date
    quickly enough.

Configuration Windows XP