Sign in with
Your question

Is there free diagnostic programs out there for you MOBO

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 9, 2010 11:20:53 PM

the reason i am putting it here is because my GT220 keeps freezing when its in the PCIe 1.0 x16 slot so i was wondering if the previous graphics card i had which overheated did or did not fry my slot the motherboard I have is a ASUS A8M2N-LA Nodus M3. so can i tell if it overheated or is it a PCIe 1.0a slot. The graphics card works in another computer but only works for a couple hours in my slot on my computer. The dianostic at cnet is too hard to use.
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2010 11:39:52 PM

please post your spec's so we have a better idea of what we are working with.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2010 1:52:45 AM

I cannot see your power supply info, but that shouldn't be a problem since your PC should have at least a 300w.

Did you remove the previous drivers prior to installing the 220?
m
l
June 10, 2010 3:34:22 AM

nVidia says that the same drivers for the 6150 LE are the same that power the GT 220 but I could try the Omega drivers supposedly they are the best for gaming. But they're not always up to date.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2010 3:45:12 AM

Nope, forget about what Nvidia says. When you install a new GPU you always remove any previous driver, reboot and install new driver.

What Operating System are you using?
m
l
June 13, 2010 2:16:27 AM

Still freezes on me i uninstalled the old drivers and installed the newest ones. The graphics card works well for a couple days after i remove it and uninstall the old drivers and put on the ones for onboard, then put it back in again and start all over but it freezes some times at the log in screen and sometimes on desktop and then of course in a game. Could the graphics card be defective because it works in another computer a power spec but the modle is unknown. but it freezes in my computer.
m
l
June 13, 2010 7:21:14 PM

OvrClkr said:
Nope, forget about what Nvidia says. When you install a new GPU you always remove any previous driver, reboot and install new driver.

What Operating System are you using?

Vista 32bit home premium
m
l
June 13, 2010 9:09:46 PM

OvrClkr said:
these are the drivers you need :

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_197.45...

I already had those drivers installed but i tried to uninstall the display drivers and reinstalled them but it still freezes this timw its more frequent. every time i turn it on about two minutes later after logging in it freezes.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 13, 2010 10:53:46 PM

if it freezes its because you have old driver files on your drive. Did you use driver-sweeper to remove all your old files?
m
l
June 14, 2010 10:41:42 PM

OvrClkr said:
if it freezes its because you have old driver files on your drive. Did you use driver-sweeper to remove all your old files?

The drivers found on Driver Sweeper were
ATi
nVIDIA Chipset
nVIDIA Display
nVIDIA Audio
PsyX nVIDIA
and REALTEK Audio

there's nothing found when I click ati and tell it to remove old drivers

and i did a real dumb move by removing all the drivers for nVIDIA causing a blue screen of death every time upon start up after the BIOs and windows loads and I had to reformate my hard drive.

So which ones should I remove.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 10:50:59 PM

Remove everything except for the realtek files, then install the new driver and you are done.
m
l
June 14, 2010 11:10:26 PM

thanks for your help but all that does for me is give me the blue screen of death. I have decided that the graphics card is too much of a hassel so i am going to get rid of it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 11:12:36 PM

if you removed the old unwanted files and installed the correct ones then the blue screen is most likely related to something other than the GPU.
m
l
!