Asus rampage iv extreme- intel chipset can not detect ssd drives

ad77

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I have a peculiar problem with the Intel Chipset 6Gb/s (the two red closest to the black port)
I have two 240GB Intel SSD 520 series, which I hope to use as RAID 0
The problem is that if I connect one of these SSD drive to the Intel 6Gb/s port(port 0 or port 1), I can see it in my BIOS, however, when I connect the two to port 0 and 1 of the same Intel port, I only see one in the BIOS.

At least I know the drives are detectable, and both ports are working, but it is weird that when I now connect the two drives at the same time to the ports, I only see one showing

Any help or advice will be appreciated

Rampage IV Extreme
2 SSD 240GB intel 520
2TB seagate 7200rpm
32GB memory at 1866MHz

Possibly a known issue with old firmware or EFI setup basic mode. No one with a board like that should be using basic mode anyway. Update to firmware revision 2105 if you haven't done so already (note that if your revision is <2000 you will need to run the ROM to CAP converter). I have a RIVE and haven't experienced this issue, but I only use advanced mode.

On a related note, do not attach SSDs or ATAPI devices (optical drives) to the lower two SATA-III ports (attached to the ASMedia 106x controller), these are only for hard drives. There are some serious problems that will occur if you do.