Best motherboard for Nvidia Q 4000 to edit HD video w/PrPro?

rcgambler

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Hello, I'm gathering my bits and pieces to build an HD editing machine. I have Adobe's CS5, getting the Nvidia quadro 4000, but WHAT motherboard should I use for this project?

TheMrAwesome

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Ok I have this card and a DX58S02 Intel extreme series motherboard and I connected them along with a i7 processor and others such as a DVD drive, DDR3, HDD, ECT. it turns on, but I don't get any output from my monitor or anyone elses monitor. Also I have a Revolution PSU 1020w connected to this and I sometimes experience the computer shutting off on it's own in like 1 sec. Please if anyone knows anything about this and is able to guide me to get this working please tell me. Thank you in advance.

rcgambler

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
My current computer has an NVIDIA Geforce video card. It will support two monitors, for editing, and has two monitor out-ports. Only one (1) of these video card monitor ports will work....'could be I need a different driver, a second monitor, or something... While the video card is in place, the motherboard's monitor port also will NOT operate. You might want to try removing the Video Card, and then see if you have output from the motherboard's monitor port...
Good Luck! rcgambler.

TheMrAwesome

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I don't know. I can't update drivers without seeing anything and the motherboard does not have outputs for monitors. I wish I can connected it via E SATA to DVI or VGA. if it exist then I would try it to see it it works, but if the motherboard came without outputs attached for monitors then I would think (1+1=2)(common Sense tells me) Maybe it's only ment for graphic card use and I put one in the Primary Slot. I'm using Common sense on this board and it's telling me that 1+1 isn't =2. This board is really frustrating.