Sign in with
Your question

Wich laptop brand should buy ?

Last response: in CPUs
September 17, 2010 9:18:41 PM

hi
I´m looking for a new laptop cause mine dyed i just wanned to ask witch brand do you like that lasts long and works well i want something with good efficiency and good for work hard , any idea ?
thanks

also witch processor from amd good and new ? i know intel i3 and i5 but on amd i don´t have any idea on mobile technology thanks

More about : wich laptop brand buy

a b à CPUs
September 17, 2010 9:38:18 PM

Its really a matter of personal choice. I would lean towards an ASUS or a Toshiba. As for AMD I dont recommend their Processors. I would go for an i3 if you are on a budget. However that is just my personal opinion.
m
l
a c 887 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a c 352 À AMD
September 17, 2010 10:42:02 PM

ASUS is feature rich for the price. But for a hard work laptop I would suggest HP or Dell with extended warranty.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2010 11:25:01 PM

Toshiba FTW!!
m
l
a c 147 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a b À AMD
September 17, 2010 11:39:00 PM

I'm a Toshiba fan also but the extended warratny with 'drop' protection sure isn't cheap. On the other hand, I got my grandson a $325 Acer laptop with the P320 Amd processor and boy am I impressed with it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 18, 2010 1:16:09 AM

miguelcotaque said:
hi
I´m looking for a new laptop cause mine dyed i just wanned to ask witch brand do you like that lasts long and works well i want something with good efficiency and good for work hard , any idea ?
thanks

also witch processor from amd good and new ? i know intel i3 and i5 but on amd i don´t have any idea on mobile technology thanks

Im like the others toshiba for me. I got 2 of them in my house. One's a satellite p105-s6197 thats 3 years old and an A505-s6033 thats about 4-5 months old. There both still working fine for me.

As for which cpu to got for, well, from what i see of them, there quad core mobile cpu's seam to be pretty decent on performance power. Although just like desktops, there not as fast as the intel equivalents but should have the better price to performance ratio.

So if you dont need the extra power intel offers and want to save a little money, i would say go with AMD.

If you need the extra power for some cpu intensive stuff or need longer battery life. you may want to get an intel whether it would and atom for long battery or and i5/i7 for extra power.

Either way, i would recommend Toshiba. Asus would be the only other company i recommend.

m
l
September 18, 2010 2:02:38 AM

ok it will be toshiba then
i was already thinking on toshiba and i was write i also saw the models on the web and they are pretty decent an well priced i saw a amd based phonemon ii x4 and ati 5650 4gb ddr3 for around $800 so i probably go for it since amd is good and is better energy efficent witch probably increase battery life ,also less heat

thanks
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 18, 2010 3:32:17 PM

Well based on my personal expirience, don't go with hp...never had good luck with them. I got like 5 years ago I think it was, an hp pavillion zv5000 for like 2500 bucks soon after, the power jack in it broke, had to be replaced, then the motherboard stopped recognizing the batteries, after buying like 10 batterys and trying to solder up the MB, no luck, so now it only works when its connected to the power brick. There was another case where the MB broke. I've had on the other hand a bunch of dell laptops and all of them work perfect...never had a problem. Toshiba is also good, my folks got a 15'' and 17'' toshibas and they have been working solid for 2 years no problem.
m
l
September 21, 2010 3:32:10 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
Well based on my personal expirience, don't go with hp...never had good luck with them. I got like 5 years ago I think it was, an hp pavillion zv5000 for like 2500 bucks soon after, the power jack in it broke, had to be replaced, then the motherboard stopped recognizing the batteries, after buying like 10 batterys and trying to solder up the MB, no luck, so now it only works when its connected to the power brick. There was another case where the MB broke. I've had on the other hand a bunch of dell laptops and all of them work perfect...never had a problem. Toshiba is also good, my folks got a 15'' and 17'' toshibas and they have been working solid for 2 years no problem.

i agree with you i´m actually replacing a old hp lap that was anything that problems :S thanks
m
l
!