I need to overclock my m15 x i7 840 qm processor

FCruzado

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
someone help me please ; ; bought this laptop with this processor cause i figured i didnt need to buy the higher end one if this one would meet what i needed when in turbo mode but now it seems it never goes into turbo mode cause its either using all cores or this thing is just a pos.... alienware m15x i7 840 qm 1.86 ghz processor

FCruzado

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
ok i downloaded the software but its asking me for SFB ID what exactly is that i am a beginner at this i am just trying to get more power outta this for FFXIV runs too slow its annoying? can you run me thru this step by step?

FCruzado

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
http://page2rss.com/page?url=www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/ [got mine @ 2.2ghz rock solid]

ok i downloaded the software but its asking me for SFB ID what exactly is that i am a beginner at this i am just trying to get more power outta this for FFXIV runs too slow its annoying? can you run me thru this step by step?

FCruzado

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
it wont over clock itself if program uses all 4 cores if i had known that i woulda have gone with a higher processor. game has a benchmark and tells you what your computer is running at

I can pretty much guarantee you that turbo mode is working and increasing performance. You can check with cpuz if you want.

As for underperforming in a game, which game is it? Also, what graphics card do you have?