Sign in with
Your question

SoundCard For Bang & Oulfsen

Last response: in Components
September 18, 2010 2:29:00 AM

Hi guys,
this is my first post here but ive been a long time lurker and learnt heaps of useful things here.

I upgraded my speakers for my pc i was just wondering what would be the best sound card for them my budget is $300-$500 i use them mainly from gaming and music these are the speakers ive put a link to the website if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. There also connected via a Line in connection

Also ive connected these to my pc Via a Line in connection
http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beolab8002

so far ive looked at 2 soundcards the ASUS XONAR D2X on their website it says EAX and Direct sound is only supported in vista.

The other card is the Auzentech 7.1 Home theatre HD http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/ ... ter_hd.php

I posted this in the wrong section earlier sorry for the double post

More about : soundcard bang oulfsen

September 18, 2010 3:35:38 AM

I would say the Asus Essence STX. Also your Beolab's probably only have RCA input so none of those speakers you linked would natively work without some sort of adaptor conversion.
m
l
September 18, 2010 3:53:45 AM

how good is the essence stx for gaming
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 18, 2010 4:18:16 AM

Well a stereo setup isn't very good for gaming in general, so I think that's your first problem. Gaming audio tends to be very low quality, the only saving grace is surround sound.
m
l
September 18, 2010 4:20:29 AM

Both Asus cards mentioned are excellent.
The best offering from Auzentech is the Forte which does everything well and is designed for gaming and music.
The Hometheatre HD is exactly for what it's name implies.
m
l
September 18, 2010 4:35:54 AM

davcon said:
Both Asus cards mentioned are excellent.
The best offering from Auzentech is the Forte which does everything well and is designed for gaming and music.
The Hometheatre HD is exactly for what it's name implies.

Davcon will i notice the difference from onbaord sound with these speakers. Considering that im going to plug them into the soundcard via line in?
m
l
September 18, 2010 2:13:16 PM

GORGEOUS_GEORGE said:
Davcon will i notice the difference from onbaord sound with these speakers. Considering that im going to plug them into the soundcard via line in?

I don't know if i can correctly answer your question.
But the Forte is a huge improvement over onboard sound.
My mobo has Realtek ALC 889A one of the higher end onboard chips and the difference is night and day with the Forte.
Btw i come from a high-end hi-fi background my home system is a Linn LP-12 turntable and QUAD separates so i know what good sound is.
My AKG headphones even sound pretty good through the Forte's dedicated headphone amp.
Hope that helps a little.
m
l
October 23, 2010 5:20:44 PM

asus is good
but i would go for the ht omega claro 7.1
m
l
October 24, 2010 12:54:29 AM

Ive looked at the HT OMEGA CLARO it would be a waste as i dont use 7.1 im using 2.0 hi fi stero so it looks like a ASUS ESSENCE STX
m
l
November 17, 2010 1:38:09 AM

+1 with what Davcon sed!
m
l
November 17, 2010 11:06:36 AM

If he has a 2.0 setup, and has no plans to expand to 7.1, then the Essence STX is the undisputed king of the mountain. The Forte and Claro are great cards, but the STX come ahead when it comes to 2.0 setups.
m
l
November 17, 2010 12:01:02 PM

Actually I recommended the Xonar Essence STX to my brother in law 4 months back. He has a pair of Alessis M40 Active studio monitors. I also asked him to include a mixer in his budget...

i've been reading reviews since it came out... Gamerk316 just reminded me of its prowess.
m
l
November 20, 2010 11:13:31 AM

gamerk316 is right, its the best stereo soundcard at consumer level.
m
l
November 20, 2010 2:07:21 PM

Quote:
Line in or do you mean the SDIF connection?

wat are u talking about...
m
l
November 20, 2010 2:22:25 PM

^ lol :)  maybe a strayed reply
m
l
November 20, 2010 2:46:22 PM

+1 for the Xonar Essence STX.
m
l
!