Cant come out of sleep

My new rig isn't coming out of sleep, no matter how long i leave it on. Sometimes I try after 5 sec, then 10 min. It still wont come out of sleep. Everything turns on, the monitor will not display anything, I have to force shut off to get it out, restart doesnt seem to get it out of sleep. When i fully shut down it will come back how i left the computer before the slept......idk my 1156 rig doesn't do that fancy thing, maybe hint of something

Spec:
i7 2600k- not OC to keep everything stable for now
p8p67 deluxe
4 x 4gb g.skill 1600mhz 1.5v LA9
2 x 6950 in CF
OCZ ZX 1250w
1 vertex 2 120gb, 1 vertex 3 120gb, 1 Hitachi 1tb, 1 caviar black 1tb,
BIOS is at 1305
I updated the ccc, and it's a clean install on win7 with all the updates.

I tried with 1 6950, it worked for a few sleep runs, but then i switch the GPU to see if it the gpu is bad. When tried to turn on the computer, it turned on/off 3 times(Asus logo didn't show) until it fully started running. The computer couldn't come out of sleep with the switched GPU. So i tried the one suppose to work, but it wouldn't come out of sleep also. So im pretty stumped on what the problem is.....

Also a weird problem is sometimes, when i try to turn the computer on it will go on/off like 1-3 cycles, for now the problem seem to be gone.....but idk what started it. BIOS is at 1305
5 answers Last reply
More about cant sleep
  1. I had this problem and the fix was to pull the cmos batter from the motherboard for 5 minutes and put it back in.
  2. geekapproved said:
    I had this problem and the fix was to pull the cmos batter from the motherboard for 5 minutes and put it back in.

Tried it, it didnt work... :(
    I forgot to mention also, the q-table code LED shows EA - S3 resume boot script error

After i remove the cmos battery now it shows E1 boot script execution, also 1 cycle of turning on/off and then nothing showing up on the monitor, but everything is running.
  3. Please keep us updated on what ends up happening with this. I'm going to be making my Sandy Bridge buys in a month or two and would like to keep abreast of the issues folks are running into...

Thanks!
  4. fullofzen said:
    Please keep us updated on what ends up happening with this. I'm going to be making my Sandy Bridge buys in a month or two and would like to keep abreast of the issues folks are running into...

Thanks!

I found the problem myself......it's the intel board problem, you have to disable pll overvoltage on bios or the computer will not sleep probably.
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578865

"Improved BCLK and DRAM OC capabilities when enabling the “Internal PLL Overvoltage” option in BIOS. Note - Sleep/Hibernate will not operate properly due to Intel Specs."

thats from the forum....pll overvotage was kept enable by default,
  5. Have you had any issues with overclocking when disabling the PLL Overvoltage?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards