After installing Outlook 2003 Windows XP Search tool is in..

After installing Outlook 2003 under WINXP Profesional the Windows Search
tool is inactive and will not load when I click on it.
How can a re-enable Search?

--
Ignacio Herrero
iherrero@terra.es

    Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
    Click on the ? Icon to Expand

    [?] Why doesn't Search work?

    And/or here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    Scroll down to:
    Search - Doesn't Work

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%237detQ2OFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > After installing Outlook 2003 under WINXP Profesional the Windows Search
    > tool is inactive and will not load when I click on it.
    > How can a re-enable Search?
    >

    > --
    > Ignacio Herrero
    > iherrero@terra.es
    > iherrero@teleline.es

    I have installed srchasst and Search still doesn't work. The only way I can
    make it run is by booting XP in safe mode, This gives you any ideas?

    > Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
    > Click on the ? Icon to Expand
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
    >
    > [?] Why doesn't Search work?
    >
    > And/or here:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    > Scroll down to:
    > Search - Doesn't Work
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:%237detQ2OFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> After installing Outlook 2003 under WINXP Profesional the Windows Search
    >> tool is inactive and will not load when I click on it.
    >> How can a re-enable Search?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Ignacio Herrero
    >> iherrero@terra.es
    >> iherrero@teleline.es

    This is from a post by Michael Graf. This worked for him.
    -----

    Ok... I've been reading through the posts on the search companion all day
    and I've finally figured it out.

    I went in to "C:\Windows\srchasst\" and deleted everything I could
    I then unregistered the srchui.dll file
    Then I went into "C:\Windows\Inf\" right clicked srchasst.inf and clicked
    install.

    This did it.

    A couple notes.
    I tried just reregistering the srchui.dll file and that did not help
    I tried just installing srchasst.inf without deleting the files and that did
    not work as well.
    I tried to reregister shell32.dll, no luck
    I running SFC and ran a complete scan - didn't fix it.
    I ran the automated system recovery and this did not work as well...
    I tried copying the C:\Windows\srchasst\mui\0409\*.* files from a known good
    computer to the computer with the problem and this didn't fix it either.

    So, I don't know why everything had to be deleted and reinstalled, but it
    worked.

    Thanks to the community for all their posts that helped me out.

    Regards,
    Michael Graf
    -----

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uMwJDO6OFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have installed srchasst and Search still doesn't work. The only way I
    > can make it run is by booting XP in safe mode, This gives you any ideas?

    >> Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
    >> Click on the ? Icon to Expand
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
    >>
    >> [?] Why doesn't Search work?
    >>
    >> And/or here:
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    >> Scroll down to:
    >> Search - Doesn't Work
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:%237detQ2OFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >> Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> After installing Outlook 2003 under WINXP Profesional the Windows Search
    >>> tool is inactive and will not load when I click on it.
    >>> How can a re-enable Search?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Ignacio Herrero
    >>> iherrero@terra.es
    >>> iherrero@teleline.es

    Hi Michael thanks for joining the team.
    Hoe do you unregistered the srchui.dll File

    --
    Ignacio Herrero
    iherrero@terra.es

    Select Run from the Start Menu

    Type or paste:

    regsvr32 /u srchui.dll

    at the prompt, and click OK.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:utuW2v6OFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi Michael thanks for joining the team.
    > Hoe do you unregistered the srchui.dll File
    >
    > --
    > Ignacio Herrero
    > iherrero@terra.es
    > iherrero@teleline.es

    >> This is from a post by Michael Graf. This worked for him.
    >> -----
    >>
    >> Ok... I've been reading through the posts on the search companion all day
    >> and I've finally figured it out.
    >>
    >> I went in to "C:\Windows\srchasst\" and deleted everything I could
    >> I then unregistered the srchui.dll file
    >> Then I went into "C:\Windows\Inf\" right clicked srchasst.inf and clicked
    >> install.
    >>
    >> This did it.
    >>
    >> A couple notes.
    >> I tried just reregistering the srchui.dll file and that did not help
    >> I tried just installing srchasst.inf without deleting the files and that
    >> did
    >> not work as well.
    >> I tried to reregister shell32.dll, no luck
    >> I running SFC and ran a complete scan - didn't fix it.
    >> I ran the automated system recovery and this did not work as well...
    >> I tried copying the C:\Windows\srchasst\mui\0409\*.* files from a known
    >> good
    >> computer to the computer with the problem and this didn't fix it either.
    >>
    >> So, I don't know why everything had to be deleted and reinstalled, but it
    >> worked.
    >>
    >> Thanks to the community for all their posts that helped me out.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Michael Graf
    >> -----
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:uMwJDO6OFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    >> Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I have installed srchasst and Search still doesn't work. The only way I
    >>> can make it run is by booting XP in safe mode, This gives you any ideas?

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Ignacio,

    Oops. I forgot that srchui.dll wasn't in the system32 folder.

    Try this if Windows is on your C: drive...

    Select Run from the Start Menu

    Type or paste:

    regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\srchasst\srchui.dll

    at the prompt, and click OK.
    -----

    No Links
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23qcgG7%23OFHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > When running "regsvr32 /u srchui.dll" I obtained the following error
    > message button:
    > "LoadLibrary("srchui.dll") failed- The specified module could not be
    > found" I clicked OK and continued to install srchasst.inf.
    > No luck Search still doesn't work. When clicking on its icon the system
    > freezes for about 5 seconds and then unfreezes but Search is not launched.
    > Another anomaly I am now finding, is that Outlook Express freezes when
    > clicking on any Internet Link in a received message. Both problems seen to
    > have started simultaneously
    >
    > --
    > Ignacio Herrero
    > iherrero@terra.es
    > iherrero@teleline.es

    >> Select Run from the Start Menu
    >>
    >> Type or paste:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 /u srchui.dll
    >>
    >> at the prompt, and click OK.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:utuW2v6OFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    >> Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi Michael thanks for joining the team.
    >>> Hoe do you unregistered the srchui.dll File
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ignacio Herrero
    >>> iherrero@terra.es
    >>> iherrero@teleline.es

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Hard Luck Michael. I re runed the process with your new instructions and It
    went smoothly But Search still fails to run.
    I say, if search runs OK with XP loaded in Safe Mode, it must be some driver
    or service loaded at boot time causing the damage. I have run msconfig and
    started in Diagnose mode with everything I could find deselected so it would
    load XP in the bare bones. Search wouldn't run either. So here I am at a
    loss.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks once more
    > Ignacio,
    >
    > Oops. I forgot that srchui.dll wasn't in the system32 folder.
    >
    > Try this if Windows is on your C: drive...
    >
    > Select Run from the Start Menu
    >
    > Type or paste:
    >
    > regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\srchasst\srchui.dll
    >
    > at the prompt, and click OK.
    > -----
    >
    > No Links
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
    >
    > Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:%23qcgG7%23OFHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> When running "regsvr32 /u srchui.dll" I obtained the following error
    >> message button:
    >> "LoadLibrary("srchui.dll") failed- The specified module could not be
    >> found" I clicked OK and continued to install srchasst.inf.
    >> No luck Search still doesn't work. When clicking on its icon the system
    >> freezes for about 5 seconds and then unfreezes but Search is not
    >> launched.
    >> Another anomaly I am now finding, is that Outlook Express freezes when
    >> clicking on any Internet Link in a received message. Both problems seen
    >> have started simultaneously
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ignacio Herrero
    >> iherrero@terra.es
    >> iherrero@teleline.es

    >>> Select Run from the Start Menu
    >>>
    >>> Type or paste:
    >>>
    >>> regsvr32 /u srchui.dll
    >>>
    >>> at the prompt, and click OK.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:utuW2v6OFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    >>> Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    SOLVED THE PROBLEM, TANK Y'ALL !
    I decided to cut it short and reinstall everything on my hard disk,
    fortunately I had cloned it with Norton Ghost less than a month ago.
    So with the help on Ghost and XP FST Wizard it went like a breeze. My only
    misgiving is that I will never know what went wrong.
    Al the best to all of you

    --
    Ignacio Herrero
    iherrero@terra.es

    "Ignacio" <i_herrero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hard Luck Michael. I re runed the process with your new instructions and
    > It went smoothly But Search still fails to run.
    > I say, if search runs OK with XP loaded in Safe Mode, it must be some
    > driver or service loaded at boot time causing the damage. I have run
    > msconfig and started in Diagnose mode with everything I could find
    > deselected so it would load XP in the bare bones. Search wouldn't run
    > either. So here I am at a loss.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks once more
    >> Ignacio,
    >>
    >> Oops. I forgot that srchui.dll wasn't in the system32 folder.
    >>
    >> Try this if Windows is on your C: drive...
    >>
    >> Select Run from the Start Menu
    >>
    >> Type or paste:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\srchasst\srchui.dll
    >>
    >> at the prompt, and click OK.
    >> -----
    >>
    >> No Links
    >> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
    >>
    >> Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:%23qcgG7%23OFHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    >> Ignacio <i_herrero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> When running "regsvr32 /u srchui.dll" I obtained the following error
    >>> message button:
    >>> "LoadLibrary("srchui.dll") failed- The specified module could not be
    >>> found" I clicked OK and continued to install srchasst.inf.
    >>> No luck Search still doesn't work. When clicking on its icon the system
    >>> freezes for about 5 seconds and then unfreezes but Search is not
    >>> launched.
    >>> Another anomaly I am now finding, is that Outlook Express freezes when
    >>> clicking on any Internet Link in a received message. Both problems seen
    >>> have started simultaneously
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ignacio Herrero
    >>> iherrero@terra.es
    >>> iherrero@teleline.es

Configuration Outlook 2003 Microsoft Windows XP