Sign in with
Your question

Is my harddrive corrupt??

Last response: in Systems
July 19, 2010 9:17:44 AM

First new build.

Had few problems with CPU cooler and this caused some crashed now when I boot up to go to windows 7 it asks for my user password which I enter but it says user profile cannot be loaded.

I have used the repair option in the W7 disc. In the compand prompt I have run Bootrec.exe, chkdsk, and bootsect.exe.

So I tried to do a clean install but everytime I get different blue screen error messages when part of the way through.

I have removed the graphic cards and tried just one hard drive, same problems.

I was thinking now of just getting a new HD loading the OS on that and then reformat the other HD

Is there anything I am missing??

Spec

Corsair CWCH50-1 Cooling Hydro Series H50
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB
Item: Kingston 64GB SSDNow V SSD 2.5" SATA-II
Corsair 750W TX PSU - 120mm Fan,
Item: Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
Qty: 1Cost: 71.63
ASUSTEK M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Socket AM3
ATHLON II X3 440 3.0GHZ

Thanks

More about : harddrive corrupt

July 19, 2010 9:57:14 AM

You may need a third party app to "reset" your SSD....

Try running diskpart at the command line.

If that doesn't work perhaps HDDErase or a similar 3rd party app.

If none of that helps then I would guess your blue screens are the result of some other hardware issue, perhaps a damaged CPU.
m
l
July 19, 2010 12:50:56 PM

Thanks I will try that. I assume I can download HDDErase and run as a bootable CD in DOS.

I don't think its the processor as I have run the system for a few hours to see if it overheats or shuts down. There is also ASUS gate which allows me to access the internet before the OS starts and that works with no problems
m
l
July 19, 2010 8:29:21 PM

That's good news. Hopefully, windows recovery is just having trouble handling the SSD right.
m
l
!