LF New Mobo and CPU

G

Hey, first post on Tom's hardware! Forums look super clean and organized, I love it.

I'm looking to buy a new mobo and cpu. Really I'm mainly playing Starcraft 2, but I do play other games like MW2 and WoW.

This is my current build:

Mobo: P35C-DS3R
Video: HD 4870 1GB
Ram: 4G DDR3
CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
HD: 2x 160GB Caviers
Case: Antec 900

Help appreciated. Thanks all ^__^

Solution
You do realize that you don't need that much power to play those games you listed right? You should be fine with your current setup.

If you're absolutely hell bent on upgrading, we need to know how much you want to spend. The minimum I'd recommend is around $300, going all the way up to around $600.
You do realize that you don't need that much power to play those games you listed right? You should be fine with your current setup.

If you're absolutely hell bent on upgrading, we need to know how much you want to spend. The minimum I'd recommend is around $300, going all the way up to around $600.

Solution
G

You're right, I definitely agree with you about my hardware. It's just kind of a bad habit to desire new hardware.

I'm not looking to spend any more than 400.

Also, can you think of any reason my alt-tab times are garbage? It takes 20 seconds to alt-tab into Starcraft 2 on my desktop, and it's instant on my laptop.

I have to run to work, so I will not be able to respond till later :(

G

Sweet. I was looking at AMD myself, and that's a good combo deal, thank you!

Now I just need to solve this Alt-Tab issue.

Miss-clicked best answer.