Windows 7 Install problem

A_Dying_Wren

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Hi guys, I've just purchased a brand new system and the shop put it together for me. I had a hard drive from previously so I decided to install windows myself. When trying to do so, the windows installer said it couldn't create a new partition nor use the existing partition. The only drive installed is a 1.5TB Seagate with only one partition on it. I googled a bit and found some users solved their problem by changing the boot priority but that didn't work for me.

System specs are:
HAF 932/Corsair 650W
Asus P7P55D-E Pro
i5 760 w/ Hyper 212+
460 GTX SLI
Team Xtreem (yea I know) 8GB 1333
Samsung CD/DVD drive

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

With what you said it sounds like your BIOS doesn't support the drive. I doubt it's that though. GPT is only needed if you have a partition greater than 2.1TB's.

I have an idea but it requires another computer. Have someone check on the drive and see if the partitions are in gpt mode and/or dynamic. If so that could be the problem. You don't need gpt at all. Dynamic drives just run slower and switch it back to basic mode.

k3y3n1n

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
but his windows installer sees the drive if his bios didnt support it it would say no boot device found press "What ever key to continue"

I had a buddy of mine use tb drive as storage but win 7 showed it as 700mb and XP shows it as 1tb unallocated he formatted in XP and transfer it to win 7 and it worked

No not always. A buggy BIOS can cause a lot of weird errors and problems. It is your basic input output system after all.

A_Dying_Wren

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Hey guys. I'm not quite sure what I did but a combination of doing something random to it with the ultimate boot cd and creating a partition (ultimately unused and later deleted) via easeus partitionmagic helped solve my problem. Thanks a lot all.