Folders Created on Desktop do not retain user specified de..

April 7, 2005 10:09:02 PM

I have created several folders on my desktop so that I can access the files
in them rapidly. I changed the View to "Icons" and unckeck "Auto Arrange" in
the Arrange Icons by... Then set up the icons in the order I like ....
then a few hours later (no reboot or shutdown) the sytem changes everything
back to a default of ... View "Tiles" and the check mark is back on the
"Auto Arrange" in the Arrange Icons by...

Help.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 3:49:03 PM

"paulk" <paulk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have created several folders on my desktop so that I can access the files
>in them rapidly. I changed the View to "Icons" and unckeck "Auto Arrange" in
>the Arrange Icons by... Then set up the icons in the order I like ....
>then a few hours later (no reboot or shutdown) the sytem changes everything
>back to a default of ... View "Tiles" and the check mark is back on the
>"Auto Arrange" in the Arrange Icons by...

Try this: "Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost
or incorrect" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711).

--
(tm)
!