canon s300

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 21, 2004 8:20:01 PM

I have a canon s300 and it will not keep the proper date/time no matter
how many times I reset it. Any ideas?

More about : canon s300

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 12:14:59 AM

In article <1103678401.653777.301260@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
blumm1@msn.com wrote:

> I have a canon s300 and it will not keep the proper date/time no matter
> how many times I reset it. Any ideas?

The internal battery is probably dead. Check the manual that came with
the camera for directions on how to replace that battery.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 5:41:32 AM

<blumm1@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have a canon s300 and it will not keep the proper date/time no matter
> how many times I reset it. Any ideas?

There should bea fairly simple way to access a button-cell type battery in
the camerae which keeps the clock and other settings between main battery
changes.
Look for, and replace it.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 5:01:41 PM

In article <mbcyd.76925$ka2.1436@fed1read04>, "MarkĀ²" <mjmorgan(lowest
even number here)@cox..net> says...

> <blumm1@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I have a canon s300 and it will not keep the proper date/time no matter
> > how many times I reset it. Any ideas?
>
> There should bea fairly simple way to access a button-cell type battery in
> the camerae which keeps the clock and other settings between main battery
> changes.
> Look for, and replace it.

and if you can't find that standby battery, try lighning fast main
battery changes as a work around.
!