Intel mobos for i7-2600, thoughts?

davbol

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
wondering if anyone has personal experience to share wrt the intel mobos.

am building an addl pc to suppl an older Q6600 build on an intel DP965LT board -- it's a simple but still quite capable pc, but the best thing about it is that it's been rock-solid zero-problems for >3 years now. would like to duplicate that kind of reliability

so let's say i'm not into overclocking, and instead my niche is stability. (i won't trade 10% more performance for 10X more problems!) are the p67 intel mobos like DP67DE (B3 of course) of similar build quality to that old DP965LT? am not finding a lot of feedback about them online.

otoh, my fallback would probably be an ASUS board (and i'm aware that some of intel's boards are/have been built by ASUS in the past) but feedback seems mixed - are the problems they're facing purely due to the OC aspects?

problem with other mfr's seems you (typically) have to buy their flagship boards before you start getting the good components. and i don't need all those bells and whistles, just baseline stuff with quality components and construction - used to be hard to find, except intel.

or, failing all that, any other random advice if shopping for most-reliable p67/1155 board?

btw, this is more a "workstation-light" rather than a gamer build. i run several custom apps that are very thread-hungry, so the i7-2600 appeals despite the 15-2500 being a better overall deal.

tia