ASUS P8P67 mobo drivers where?

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Hi.

Is there a central place to get all my up to date drivers for ASUS P8P67 motherboard? I went to Intel site and got the latest for the chipset, etc, but "Driver Detective" is reporting newer version of the following things which I can't seem to find at the intel site:

1. Intel 6 series/c200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 1C10

2. Intel 6 series/c200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller 1C26

The ASUS site won't have newer than Intel's site.

Driver Detective is a program I take it? Something that searches your computer and then searches the web for newer drivers?

I would guess that Driver Detective is simply wrong in this case.

The newest drivers from Intel are version 9.2.0.1030 dated 4-21-2011 (for Win7 64-bit) -- nine days ago. Both of those that you listed would be included in this package.

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

Thanks Leaps. I think that's the version I have. I went to the Intel site and downloaded the program that is for "Intel 6 series Chipsets" that just updates all your "Intel" stuff on the mobo. I'm not an expert at hardware, but I would assume that the package from Intel would update the SouthBridge, NorthBridge, the SATA, usb, etc. drivers, correct?

Not really related, but why would ASUS use 2 different companies, namely Marvel and Intel for their SATA interfaces on the P8P67 board? Why not just use Intel? They have one Marvel Sata 6 and one Intel Sata 6 according to the Asus P8P67 manual.

Yes, the 6-series chipset drivers include everything but USB3, Marvell SATA, and Realtek audio/LAN.

The P67 chipset can only have two SATA3 6Gbps ports. ASUS and everybody else uses Marvell controllers on their higher-end boards so they can have more SATA3 ports. The new Z68 chipset boards will be the same way.

X79 chipset will have more SATA3 ports -- two SATA3 plus six SAS/SATA3, for a total of eight. They won't need a Marvell controller. Plus, they still have four SATA2 ports as well.

Note: Make sure you use the Intel SATA3 ports before you plug anything into the Marvell ports. Intel's controller gives better performance.

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

I think I'm plugged into the Intel ones, how can I tell? When I boot the computer it says something about "Marvel AHCI No Hard Drive detected" or something similar.