ASUS P8P67 mobo drivers where?

Hi.

Is there a central place to get all my up to date drivers for ASUS P8P67 motherboard? I went to Intel site and got the latest for the chipset, etc, but "Driver Detective" is reporting newer version of the following things which I can't seem to find at the intel site:

1. Intel 6 series/c200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 1C10

2. Intel 6 series/c200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller 1C26

6 answers Last reply
More about asus p8p67 mobo drivers where
  1. Go to Asus website.
  2. The ASUS site won't have newer than Intel's site.

Driver Detective is a program I take it? Something that searches your computer and then searches the web for newer drivers?

I would guess that Driver Detective is simply wrong in this case.

The newest drivers from Intel are version 9.2.0.1030 dated 4-21-2011 (for Win7 64-bit) -- nine days ago. Both of those that you listed would be included in this package.
  3. Leaps-from-Shadows said:
    The ASUS site won't have newer than Intel's site.

Driver Detective is a program I take it? Something that searches your computer and then searches the web for newer drivers?

I would guess that Driver Detective is simply wrong in this case.

The newest drivers from Intel are version 9.2.0.1030 dated 4-21-2011 (for Win7 64-bit) -- nine days ago. Both of those that you listed would be included in this package.

Thanks Leaps. I think that's the version I have. I went to the Intel site and downloaded the program that is for "Intel 6 series Chipsets" that just updates all your "Intel" stuff on the mobo. I'm not an expert at hardware, but I would assume that the package from Intel would update the SouthBridge, NorthBridge, the SATA, usb, etc. drivers, correct?

Not really related, but why would ASUS use 2 different companies, namely Marvel and Intel for their SATA interfaces on the P8P67 board? Why not just use Intel? They have one Marvel Sata 6 and one Intel Sata 6 according to the Asus P8P67 manual.
  4. Yes, the 6-series chipset drivers include everything but USB3, Marvell SATA, and Realtek audio/LAN.

The P67 chipset can only have two SATA3 6Gbps ports. ASUS and everybody else uses Marvell controllers on their higher-end boards so they can have more SATA3 ports. The new Z68 chipset boards will be the same way.

X79 chipset will have more SATA3 ports -- two SATA3 plus six SAS/SATA3, for a total of eight. They won't need a Marvell controller. Plus, they still have four SATA2 ports as well.

Note: Make sure you use the Intel SATA3 ports before you plug anything into the Marvell ports. Intel's controller gives better performance.
  5. Leaps-from-Shadows said:
    Yes, the 6-series chipset drivers include everything but USB3, Marvell SATA, and Realtek audio/LAN.

The P67 chipset can only have two SATA3 6Gbps ports. ASUS and everybody else uses Marvell controllers on their higher-end boards so they can have more SATA3 ports. The new Z68 chipset boards will be the same way.

X79 chipset will have more SATA3 ports -- two SATA3 plus six SAS/SATA3, for a total of eight. They won't need a Marvell controller. Plus, they still have four SATA2 ports as well.

Note: Make sure you use the Intel SATA3 ports before you plug anything into the Marvell ports. Intel's controller gives better performance.

I think I'm plugged into the Intel ones, how can I tell? When I boot the computer it says something about "Marvel AHCI No Hard Drive detected" or something similar.
  6. IIRC, the gray ports are for the Intel SATA3. Intel SATA2 ports are light blue. Marvell ports are navy blue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Chipsets Drivers Intel Motherboards