Best way to divide 320 gb HDD

machmach_3

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
I need to know how many volumes to create and how many Gigabytes each volume will have in my new hard disk with windows 7 64 bit( how to organize my new computer with new HDD).I will use about 95% in gaming.Thanks

Solution

What? Your topic is how to divide up a 320 gig drive. It doesn't make reference to a C or D drive. Anyhow, I don't partition any drive 500gigs or under. I just make one partition the entire size of the drive, in your case a single 320gig partition. If I got a 1Tb drive, I'd just make two 500gig partitions. Like I said, this is all personal preference. Some people like a smaller OS partition and a larger storage partition. Some like smaller partitions because it makes it faster to backup and restore since there is less data on smaller partitions. I don't like the hassles of trying to expand partitions later on, so I just make them larger from the...
That's a personal preference. For drives 500Gig and under I just make one large partition so that I don't have to worry about running out of space when installing new programs or games. Just make sure you have somewhere large enough to back up a partition of that size. I make regular backups, so I like to know I've got somewhere to backup the partition to.

hamzazahid

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
if you disk has 310gb or less , just make a windows partition of 60-80 gb ,, this will be good for windows and softwares ,, other storage can be used for games ,, u can get alot of games in that much space!

machmach_3

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012

You mean just local disk C only or local disk C,D if so tell me how many gigs each?

What? Your topic is how to divide up a 320 gig drive. It doesn't make reference to a C or D drive. Anyhow, I don't partition any drive 500gigs or under. I just make one partition the entire size of the drive, in your case a single 320gig partition. If I got a 1Tb drive, I'd just make two 500gig partitions. Like I said, this is all personal preference. Some people like a smaller OS partition and a larger storage partition. Some like smaller partitions because it makes it faster to backup and restore since there is less data on smaller partitions. I don't like the hassles of trying to expand partitions later on, so I just make them larger from the get go.

Solution