HP 6320f pegatron m2n78-la

Hello all, I recently bought a gutted HP6320f with an Asus pegatron m2n78-la. I installed 2x1gb ddr3 1333 ram, athlonII x2 215, 750gb sata hd and an old hd4670. I used a 600W psu from my main rig(dual opteron 280's) so the psu is good. I am actually able to use the pc for a short amount of time. But then the system would freeze forcing me to shut it down. I start it again and nothing is shown on screen. But when I re-seat the cpu+fan, it starts up again and I'm able to use it for a short while before it happens again,another re-seat and etc.. I looked at HP's website and saw that a bios update addresses an issue like mine. I flashed the bios and the problem still persists. Any advice short of replacing the board would be fantastic. Thanks.

*I went ahead and ordered a new cooler, the previous cooler was aluminum from an old sempron and it felt like it put too much pressure on cpu....don't think that matters though. If it doesn't pan out, I'll just use the fan in my sister's pc. If I can't figure out the problem by the time my siblings summer starts, I'll go ahead and buy another am2+ board and ddr2 ram. ddr2 ram is just sooo expensive(college student) :pfff:

Yeah, well the cooler did not help, actually it made it more difficult to re-seat the cpu. I also swapped out the hd 4670 for a 9600gt and the problem suddenly became more erratic. A cpu re-seat no longer did the trick, but the pc could be restarted correctly a couple times until it wouldn't start at all again. At that point I had to remove everything and then put it back together to get it working again. I can only imagine that the chipset is to blame. I would attempt a reflow, but I have only been successful on full atx boards and laptops. I'll go ahead and hawk this board on ebay or something. I bought this thing used for $20 with case+psu(which I didn't use), the 2x1gb ddr3 1333 ram was only $8. So I'm not taking a heavy loss here, just that ddr2 cost more than all of that. I went ahead and ordered an asus sli board of sorts. Jeez, this pegatron board sure was annoying. I knew people had issues with these boards, so I was hopeful someone could have an answer. I guess not. Sorry to people who read this thread and didn't get an answer.

Regards, Max.