Enuff power to new card? It works....though

G

I am trying to check if i WILL have problems with a video card install i did.
Info is so scattered on the subject so I must ask a professional (i.e.-you guys)

-Main question: Is my MOBO not supplying enough power to my vid card.

-Statement: Everything is working good as far as i can tell. I can run MW2 maxed out with no hesitation or crashing.

-the card: PNY 9800gt 1gb 256bit ddr3 112stream processors (thought it had the 6 pin connector, it does not)
I read a review that said it uses 105w(max?) the PNY site doesn't give that detailed info.

-theMOBO:ASUSP5LP-LEHP http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01080268

-the pc: HP m7360n

-the psu: (an aftermarket) 650W 20+4-pin Blue LED Fan ATX PSU w/SATA & PCI-e"New"

-the run on sentence: A friend told me that i might damage the card under powering it. The card seems to work fine. I wanted a card with the supplemental 6 pin....long story short, i hate ebay...i have a card with no 6pin. I even bought a psu with the PCI-E connector.(that is now useless)
What i can't find out is, how much power is actually routed to the card via the slot. Is it sufficient/durable for the card? Does the PCIe slot draw as much as it needs? I should have ample wattage from psu. Like I said the card works as is.... It does not sound like it is laboring during game play.

-do you have enough info?
-if it aint broke dont fix it?

Thanks
Gabe

G

If your 9800GT doesn't have a 6-pin, its the green version and should be able to draw all its power from the PCIe Slot (75W).

Underpowering a GPU wont damage it, it will simply shut off on full load.

You have nothing to worry about.

Thats what i wanted to hear..thank you very much