Assign function to Fn key on Satellite Pro 460?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
November 10, 2004 10:19:24 PM

This week I purchased a used Toshiba Satellite Pro 460 CDT.
I am very pleased with the laptop, but the 'Windows' key is in the top
right corner!
I touch type and am used to having that key at the bottom of my keyboard.
Now there is an Fn key at the bottom of the keyboard. I would like to
assign a 'windows' (or Ctrl+Esc) keystroke to that key. A combination of
the Fn key and either the left Ctrl or Alt key will be fine too.

Is that possible? I installed extra (Toshiba Soft Keys) software, but I
don't understand how it works.
Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks in advance,

--
Onno Voors
Anonymous

"Onno Voors" <ov-NOSPAMww1@SVPxs4all.nl> wrote in message
| This week I purchased a used Toshiba Satellite Pro 460 CDT.
| I am very pleased with the laptop, but the 'Windows' key is in the top
| right corner!
| I touch type and am used to having that key at the bottom of my keyboard.
| Now there is an Fn key at the bottom of the keyboard. I would like to
| assign a 'windows' (or Ctrl+Esc) keystroke to that key. A combination of
| the Fn key and either the left Ctrl or Alt key will be fine too.
|
| Is that possible? I installed extra (Toshiba Soft Keys) software, but I
| don't understand how it works.
| Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks in advance,

Are you familiar with the TweakUI software you can d/l from microsoft? It
has a key editor built in to it.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 11, 2004 8:50:33 PM

"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote in
news:p Hvkd.62066$Tq1.15253@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

> I would like to
>| assign a 'windows' (or Ctrl+Esc) keystroke to that key. A combination
>| of the Fn key and either the left Ctrl or Alt key will be fine too.
>|
>| Is that possible? I installed extra (Toshiba Soft Keys) software, but
>| I don't understand how it works.
>| Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks in advance,
>|

> Are you familiar with the TweakUI software

I have it installed on my main computer.

> you can d/l from microsoft?
> It has a key editor built in to it.

Where? I have looked but didn't find it.

--
Onno Voors
!