Sapphire or Sapphire Vapor-X

neekies

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I dont know what to chose , between Sapphire HD5770 and Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X
My cpu is : Core2Duo E7500 , 4 gb ram DDR2 800 MHz , MB: ASRock P5B Pro ..

Help me please , i saw the reference one Overclocks better , but with my cpu i dont know if i will benefit from it
And Vapor-X is cooler and less noise
Im'a confused :sweat: )

Need some Help) :D
THXX

neekies

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Man i live in moldova , and newegg wont ship it to me)

Yeah i read about the msi Hawk , but it will be in moldova in 1-2 months aprox. , so i need to chose between sapphire)

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

There it's five versions of Sapphire HD5770 and core on Vapor-x is on 860Mhz default...

I guess if we nitpick then yes there are 5 versions but that's not the point. The vapor-x is factory overclocked but that does not mean it will clock higher than the rest.

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

It's not about fan and position....

Vapor Chamber Technology is based on the same principles as heatpipe technology. A liquid coolant is vaporised at a hot surface, the resulting vapor is condensed at a cold surface then the liquid is returned to the hot surface. The recirculation process is controlled by a wick system.

Sapphire Vapor-X flattens the whole system into a slim chamber - which in the graphics application is mounted in contact with the surface of the graphics chip.

Actually, the coolant is water – but because the chamber is evacuated to a very low pressure, the vaporisation process occurs at a much lower temperature than normal boiling point. The complex wick arrangement inside the module controls the flow of water and water vapour so that the system can be used in any orientation.

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Have 5 series but four with 1gb ram mem and one with 512 ram mem... Actually, yes 4 series...