After installing new hard drive while installing the operating system my compute

add57513

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hello,
When I turn on my computer it will always go to a message prompt standard, safe mode, safe mode with networking ... etc. I found out that the fan of the video card is burn-out, change video card but still the same I change power supply still the same , change memory still the same and finally I decided to buy a new hard drive, it works fine but when it is about 29 min to complete the insatllation of the OS it just shutdown, I try to turn on again and still shutting down, do you think it is the motherboard?

craighay

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
Maybe give some more info... What OS are you installing (Win7 ?) where does it get up to in the installation before it shuts down? Any error message from the install? Have you checked through the BIOS carefully? How old is this motherboard, what make/model of MB? If you give all the info, somebody may have an idea.

If you could explain what's going on more clearly, we could probably help a lot more.

The message you described is from an unexpected shutdown. Try going to your bios and using default settings.

Try disconnecting the hard drive and see if it crashes just running Memtest86+ from a USB stick.

What model is your PSU? The manufacturer and Amperage on the +12V are what's gonna matter most. It could be the mobo, but it's usually the PSU if it's not a good one.

add57513

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

I have a AMD motherboard NF-M2SV and a AMD 64x2 processor +4300 2 gb of memory the bios is fine and installing Win xp pro and I am at the final installation when I press next it just turn-off, I try again still the same thing when it comes to that portion it will turn-off.

TRENDING THREADS