150gb data recovery software

Joy_85

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Pls help, my hard drive is 456gb. And it's suddenly telling me it can't open except I format...how do I get my files out before I format

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi Joy, and Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Is this a secondary HDD used for data, and not the operating system?
Until you find out exactly what the problem is, DON'T format or partition it, or write any data to it.

With it connected to your computer, go to Disk Management (right click on My Computer, Manage, Computer Management. In the lower left area click on Disk Management).

Could you please upload a screenshot of this Disk Management dialog box (use Photobucket or ImageShack)(copy & paste the forums url - usually starts with Img) to your post here, so we can see exactly what has gone wrong, and how best to correct it.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished

See if you can take a screenshot of that Disk Management dialog box, and upload it, then post the link, so we can see exactly what's going on.
If not, we can do it the "words" way, but a picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished

Hi Joy,

Don't see a screenshot of your Disk Management. Might try again. If you use photobucket or imageshack, copy and paste the choice or one that says "forums".

Otherwise, what color is the band above the Volume Info column? And does it say NTFS, or RAW, or Unallocated?

ashishsp

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
My Toshiba 500 gb hdd is showing that it is converted into raw on disc management . Also memory is showing 0 bytes free of 0 bytes. Is there any sol. to fix it as I m too much worry about my so much imp. data. Plz Help!!!