Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • Intel i7
  • Processors
  • Components
Last response: in CPUs
September 19, 2010 9:35:56 AM

How can I overclock my Dell Studio Xps 1645 with an Intel I7 840 Qm processor my components are I7 840Qm processor, a 256 gi drive Sansung solid state drve, Ati radeon 5730 1 gig grapjics card, and all of the to the line components. Please help me.

More about : overclock intel 840qm processor

September 19, 2010 2:04:21 PM

I highly recommend you NOT to overclock, for the simple reason that you got a laptop. It doesn't have the cooling capabilities to keep the cpu at low enough temps. Besides I don't think OEM laptops let you overclock anyway.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 19, 2010 2:22:00 PM

mojito_619 said:
I highly recommend you NOT to overclock, for the simple reason that you got a laptop. It doesn't have the cooling capabilities to keep the cpu at low enough temps. Besides I don't think OEM laptops let you overclock anyway.

Agree( mostly).

You typically dont want to overclock a laptop cpu as it doesn't have the the cooling power needed to cool an overclocked cpu.

Although there is a way to overclock a OEM laptop. Thats If you know the PLL on your computer.

Once you know the PLL, you'll need to get a program like SetFSB and see if your PLL is on the list. If not. you cant overclock.

Overall, even if you could find or know you PLL, the gains from over clocking it minor. maybe you'll be able to overclock 2 to 2.2.Ghz. That about it.

Besides, why do you need to overclock a quad core I7 mobile cpu anyways? there a powerful cpu even as a mobile cpu. I know as my dad toshiba laptop as core i7 720QM in it.

If your needing more power, mobile cpu's was not the way to go.

Btw, Nice "the guy" avatar, Mojito ;)  Ten Thousand fist anyone? :D 
m
l
!