Sign in with
Your question

Will this all Work (First Custom Build)

Last response: in Systems
July 20, 2010 1:52:03 AM

Hey guys I'm new to these Forums and to ordering custom PCs so please be aware that I am a noob :??: 

Please read full post

The numbers in before and after the *'s correspond to my question numbers

Here are my specs off and I am wondering if this will all work together:

Case: NZXT Guardian 921 Gaming Case

2******Fans : 3x Antec 120mm Tricolor LED Case Fan to replace blue ones that come with case******2

3******iBUYPOWER Labs: [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System******3

1******Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU******1

1******Processor Cooling: CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooling Fan System******1

Memory: 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 - 1GB - Single Card

Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD70 -- AMD890FX w/ 2x Gb LAN, 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16

5******Power Supply: 700 Watt******5

Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive: [8X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive Black

Flash Media Reader/Writer: 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black

Sound Card: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

4******Capture Card: Black Magic Intesity Pro PCI- E******4

PS: IF I DIDN'T PUT THE BRAND NAME Or MANUFACTURER IT IS BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW
Everything but the fans and Capture card are being bought from IBuyPower

******""******=

1.Will this processor work with the liquid cooling if I intend to overclock to about 4.2Ghz?
2. Will these fans fit and work with the temperature monitors in this chosen case and is there anything I should know before replacing them (I'm not stupid but I don't have that much Xperience in this)
3. Will this help, will these be internal or external, etc.?
4. With this capture card will the output ports (HDMI etc) be accessible from the exterior of the case?
5. Is this power supply enough? I am trying to purchase cheap one now and save $ for later

Anything I could do to make this a better build, I am willing to dish and additional 50 bucks to what I already have.

Thanks in advance,
Terminator

More about : work custom build

July 20, 2010 1:53:40 AM

ignore this reply, didn't know i could edit post
m
l
July 20, 2010 2:12:33 AM

You should build your own. It will be better, and more importantly, you'll know every component is quality, how to install it, and how to troubleshoot it.
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2010 2:22:53 AM

cmcghee358 said:
You should build your own. It will be better, and more importantly, you'll know every component is quality, how to install it, and how to troubleshoot it.

I was thinking about doing this and buying all parts through newegg, but they came out to be the about the same price and with the black magic card and the case I'm not sure if I will be able to make it come out externally like on prebuilts.
m
l
July 20, 2010 10:21:43 AM

Building it yourself even if it did come out at same price it would be better becasue the parts you bought are better quality and improve performance (lower latency RAM, faster HDD).

Also, what is the PC for? Gaming? If so lose the CPU and drop to a Phenom II 955, you ain nothing from hexcore. With money saved look to get a decent GPU.

Whats the network card for? The motherboard has ethernet for internet connection
Motherboards also have good sound cards on them so unless you are doing something hi tech, there is no need for a seperate sound card
m
l
July 20, 2010 10:54:50 AM

Both the sound and LAN are listed as Onboard, signifying motherboard.
m
l
July 20, 2010 12:42:28 PM

ide get rid of the BRDrive and the silly CM V8 cpu cooler. im guessing your not putting this in your living room, and games dont come in BRD. the V8 is over priced and simular/better cooling is out there cheaper.

like the guy above said, get a Phenom II x4, and with the money you save from the 3 cuts, get a better GPU. IMO, i wouldnt even waste the money for a 5670, either a better card from the iBP, or ship it with out one and do some ebay shopping.
m
l
!