Hard Drive detectibility issues!

basskat

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Hello,

I'm VERY new to this website, but I've been searching here for a couple of hours and can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I just went out and bought a Seagate Barracuda 1TB internal hard drive. Installed it, double checked all the cables and turned my computer on. I can detect the hard drive in the bios, and the SATA ports are on. When I look for my hard drive in My Computer, it dosen't show up. At one point it actually did show up, but gave me an error (Which I can't seem to recall what it said at the moment) I looked up the error and basically got told to format my hard drive. Now it's not in My Computer anymore but I can still find it in Disk Management. Says everything is fine and dandy! Even used Seatools (Seagate's problem checker) and says the hard drive checks out! What could possibly be wrong?!?!??! I really just want to be able to use it. If it's any help, I have a 60 gb SSD and it works fine. I just need more space!

basskat

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
FIXED! Go to Start, right click on my computer and click manage. Under storage click Disk Management and it should show you'r hard drive with however amount of space. Right click on the colored bar and click format. Should take about an hour but mine works now so!