Can I use an AM2+7750 CPU with a J&W Minix ITX Mobo with?

G

Hi all. I have decided to go small, and reduce my ATX tower to a small LAN match case. Due to entering a LAN event in Feb 2011.

As such I need an ITX mainboard, but as I only have a small budget I want to use previous components.

My component list is this:

CPU = AM2+ 7750
RAM = Geil DDR2 1GB x 4
HDD = WD 3.5" RaptorX 150GB
GPU = GeForce PCIE 16x 7900 (Unlocked as it was an experimental model from Nvidia!) :D

What I want to do is use the CPU, HDD and GPU in conjunction with a J&W Minix 780-SP128MB AM2+. The tech notes on this board state that it could possibly use a 95w CPU, however it would be advisable to use a 65w one.

Does anyone know of any issues HW wise with this? I know that space will be an issue in the case. I just need to know if this could be done.

If the CPU can't be used, is there a mainboard out there that supports DDR2, AM2+(95w) and has a PCIE x16 port???

I would check newegg.com. They have a pretty good inventory of mini itx boards. I recommend you sell the 7750 and buy something that is on the "cpu support" list of your itx board. Do this before ordering the board, in case you can't sell it.