Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Claro Plus or Claro Halo XT?

Last response: in Components
September 19, 2010 6:21:35 PM

I'm looking at HT|Omega's Claro Plus or their Claro Halo XT.

My speakers are Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 computer speakers and my headphones are Sennheiser PC 350.

I use my headphones on a daily basis. The speakers I do like to use, but it's been a rather rare occasion over the past year.
I play games and listen to music on a daily basis. I do watch movies on the pc, but not very often.

I've been debating for weeks now and I need some help in deciding which sound card best suits my needs.
Any help would be great, thanks.

More about : claro claro halo

Best solution

September 20, 2010 12:15:54 PM

A pair of 350's will come to life with either card. The XT is probably a bit overkill though, in my opinion.
Related resources
September 20, 2010 6:31:15 PM

Modern onboard sound isn't bad, but you have to realize that you are at the point where an equipment upgrade will yield much better results than a new sound card.
September 20, 2010 7:44:36 PM

Thats debatable at best. Yes, onboard has basically closed the gap, but Sound Cards also offer significant features, aside from their improved SnR and Dynamic Range. Plus, onboard generally sounds flat, simply due to the lack of processing done on audio.
September 20, 2010 10:04:43 PM

I might have bought another pair of headphones if I hadn't already bought a second pair of the 350's not too long ago.
I can see where you both are coming from. I'm just set on getting a replacement sound card first.

davcon said:
Good sound cards note NCIX has been selling the Striker for the last month during sales for under $60.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
Best sound card for your situation.
AuzenTech Bravura PCI-E 7.1 Sound Card X-FI EAX DTS Neo DTS Interactive Headphone AMP -$84.82 after mir note they have sold this for as low as $75
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=49090&vpn=AZT%2DBRA...

Thanks for the tip.
I had checked those out on Newegg, but the reviews discouraged me from buying the Bravura.
Also, I was hoping to move away from the X-Fi.

gamerk316 said:
A pair of 350's will come to life with either card. The XT is probably a bit overkill though, in my opinion.

gamerk316, you're probably right, because I -did- notice a real difference even using my Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro over on-board.
I do agree with the fact that the XT would be a bit of an overkill, seeing as I would have no use for the XT card.
A nice addition, but it'd get no use.
So I decided to meet in the middle and look at getting the Claro Halo instead of the Claro Halo XT.

I think that would be a nice card to have for when I get around to upgrading the headphones and speakers.

I really appreciate all the help you guys gave!

September 20, 2010 10:05:25 PM

Best answer selected by ambrosia.
!