Sign in with
Your question

Lian Li - How do I reverse ODD mounting bracket pins?

Last response: in Components
September 19, 2010 6:23:46 PM

I'm finishing up my first pc build in a Lian Li B25F case and one of the final hardware installation snags is this:

I purchased a Lian Li ODD cover plate for looks, so I need to mount my Blu-ray burner using the back set of side mounting holes so that it sits a bit further back in the case. The problem is, the handy tool-less ODD mounting bracket has the pins set for the more forward positioning. It "looks" as though there should be a way to change the pin location on the mounting bracket so that it will work with the drive set back further, but I can't figure out how to physically change the pins to the proper location on the bracket.

It's a difficult thing to describe, so I guess I just have to hope that somebody out there with the same case knows what I'm talking about and knows the solution.
September 19, 2010 6:33:52 PM

Nevermind. I figured it out. I gathered up the courage to grab hold of the pins with a pliers and pull. With some force they can be removed.
m
l
January 21, 2014 1:20:41 AM

Removing the pins is rather easy, but reinserting them into the other position is quite impossible. The unused holes are too narrow, and you don't get the pins in. They fall all the time. Is there a way to get this done, because Lian Li refuses to give an answer on questions about this problem.
m
l
!